Tuesday, June 9, 2009

On McFadden's duct tape

I didn't get the chance to put this in my certification hearing story - which, with any luck, will run before the general election - but it turns out Upper Prov. Republican Thomas McFadden has a fair sense of humor about himself.
McFadden, you might remember, got pretty damn nasty with Bill Thomas at the last election board hearing, dropping an eff-bomb in Thomas's face so laced with venom I think it killed half the flowers in the room.
Of course I put it in the story. I had to - it was the most interesting thing that happened that day and reminded me of the good ol' Paula Brown days when I was covering Darby.
McFadden (described by a fellow GOPer as a "pitbull" of a candidate) was back for the certification hearing. He didn't say a thing to me nor I to him, but I did notice at one point that he showed someone a roll of duct tape, indicating it was for his own mouth.
Woulda been a better gag if he actually wore it on his face through the whole hearing, but I'll still give him an 'E' for effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home