Wednesday, October 29, 2008

On Kirkland

All apologies to state Rep. Thaddeus Kirkland, D-159, of Chester, whom I unintentionally snubbed in my Barack Obama rally story today.
Kirkland was reportedly instrumental in bringing Sen. Obama, D-Ill. to Widener University Tuesday, and I certainly meant no disrespect in failing to mention his presence on stage, but I couldn't see the damn thing from where I was huddling for shelter (see previous post) and if he identified himself, I didn't hear it.
U.S. Rep. Bob Brady, D-1, of Philadelphia, said who he was, or I wouldn't have known who was speaking, as did U.S. Rep. Joe Sestak, D-7, of Edgemont. Ed Rendell didn't, as far as I remember, but his voice is unmistakable. I probably should know Kirkland's voice by now, having spoken to him countless times, but apparently I don't.
At any rate, sorry Thaddeus. I don't know if there will be a correction, but at least there's this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home