Friday, February 20, 2009

On bar-hopping.

It seems that the only people I meet during visits to Media bars these days are paranoid megalomaniacs with severe delusions of grandeur.
Many of them know I'm a reporter, see, so they know that every scrap of conversation they have will be printed, verbatim, in the pages of the Delco Daily Times if I'm close enough to hear it - despite the fact that I can't even be bothered to remember half their names (all of which are terribly generic things like "Steve" and "Paul" (I think)).
Yes, you better watch your tongues around me, because I can't wait to waste column inches relaying your semi-coherent opinions out-of-context and for no particular reason whatsoever.
I mean, geez - what do you think Sound Off is for?
Which reminds me, I saw one in there today criticizing "the thinking of many of our young people today" in response to a People Poll answer. I have no idea what the question was, but the answer, according to this person, was: If it doesn't affect us, who cares?
This demonstrates "what is wrong with our country today," apparently. But let me, in turn, pose this question:
Pearl Harbor ring any bells?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home